Saturday, November 2, 2013

Making the Truvia Natural Sweetener #SweetSwitch





First: I was not provided any financial compensation for providing my review. I received only free samples of the Truvia and all opinions stated are honestly mine (and Hubby's).

Hubby and I took part in the Truvia Natural Sweetener #SweetSwitch challenge. Hubby is diabetic and uses artificial sweeteners as part of his diet.  He loves his coffee and especially likes drinking the first morning cup light and sweet.  I am not a coffee drinker but I do like a nice cup of hot herbal tea.  When I want to indulge, I add some honey (or sugar) to my tea.







The very first thing we noticed when we opened the Truvia packet was its appearance - it looked like real sugar!  We are used to artificial sweeteners looking powdery.  Because of the appearance, I was actually bold enough to taste some straight from the packet.  To my surprise, the Truvia just tasted sweet!  There was no bitter taste or aftertaste to it.




I added one packet to Hubby's coffee. Normally he takes one and a half packets of the blue stuff.  I didn't want to add more than one at first as I had heard that Truvia was sweeter than sugar.  I asked Hubby to try it with only one packet and said we could add more if needed.  After cautiously sipping, he said his coffee tasted fine. He didn't notice any unpleasant odor or smell.

I used Truvia in some herbal tea. It didn't change the taste of my tea at all, just made it sweeter.  I was very happy sipping it.

After this test, I can honestly say that Hubby and I will be adding Truvia to our grocery list!


I love that it is natural and so much healthier than the other sweeteners out there.  I liked it so much that I went out and bought some of the Truvia baking blend and used it in a sweet bread.  Hubby didn't even notice the difference!

Are you ready to make the Truvia Natural Sweetener #SweetSwitch yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment